2 tablespoons minced cinnamon basil leaves
1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/8 teaspoon coarse salt
6 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
¾ cup granulated sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup sour cream
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/3 cup granulated sugar
2 tablespoons (packed) light brown sugar
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 10-inch springform pan.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together cinnamon basil leaves, flour, baking p0wder, and salt; set aside.
3. In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar on high speed until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, 1 at a time until fluffy and well blended. Beat in vanilla.
4. In a small bowl, whisk together sour cream and baking soda until smooth. With mixer on low speed, beat half the flour mixture into the butter mixture just until blended. Beat in sour cream mixture, then remaining flour, beating just until blended. Spread into prepared pan.
5. Make swirl: In a small bowl, whisk together granulated sugar, brown sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle evenly over batter; swirl into batter with the tip of a knife, being careful not to touch the knife to base of the pan.
6. Bake cake for 40 to 45 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool completely (or nearly so) on a wire rack before removing pan side and slicing. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Yield: 8 to 12 servings